Tuesday 10 April 2012

Chris Hoy 'Last Chance Saloon' Ride KEIRIN FINAL 2012 Video

WOW! What a race @chrishoy enjoyed in the Keirin at the UCI World Track Champs at the weekend in Melbourne!


It was the 25th medal Chris Hoy has won in Track World Championships, and was memorable for the improbable finish!




If you have not witnessed the race, enjoy it here: 


He describes the race conclusion best himself here when talking to BBC Sport's Jill Douglas: "I'd given up - not physically, but I thought the chance of winning had gone by the time I hit the back straight with half a lap to go," .

"Normally I'd go around the outside and put my foot down but I'd lost momentum. It was one last chance - I've never gone up the inside before in my life, it's a real last-chance saloon - I couldn't believe the door opened and I managed to get through. In some ways I'm very lucky, but very grateful to have won.
Chris Hoy, Gold Medallist
"World titles are all special, every single one you remember, but this is particularly special because it's the last meaningful race I'll have before the Olympic Games. It's a great confidence boost and hopefully I'm showing my rivals I can win from any position."
It is now just under 16 weeks till the Cycling events at the Velodrome in the Olympics in London. 
Here's hoping for more occasions & images like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment